Author Topic: C# WF application missing components from AdvancedHMI  (Read 2206 times)

stephen127

• View Profile
C# WF application missing components from AdvancedHMI
« on: December 03, 2015, 06:40:34 PM »
I am using Visual Studio Community 2013 to develop a c# project that has to save a picture from a camera, do some processing, and pass the data to the PLC. I added a new C# WF project into the solution. I was able to run it using the debug mode with no problems. I am getting the error "Missing componets from advancedHMI ..\bin\Release" when I ran the .exe file directly or copy the solution to another PC and ran from there. Any help?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: C# WF application missing components from AdvancedHMI
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
I am using Visual Studio Community 2013 to develop a c# project that has to save a picture from a camera, do some processing, and pass the data to the PLC. I added a new C# WF project into the solution. I was able to run it using the debug mode with no problems. I am getting the error "Missing componets from advancedHMI ..\bin\Release" when I ran the .exe file directly or copy the solution to another PC and ran from there. Any help?
Have you tried to create a simple project with the default VB project to see if it work? Compare the references in your C# project against the references in the default VB project.

stephen127

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
I haven't tried to use VB to write the interface. The reason is all my camera and imaging processing code was written in C#. If I have to switch to VB, it is gonna be a lot of rework. I thought AdvancedHMI could work with C# after reading some threads in the forum. I must have missed something. Any idea?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »
It does work with C#, but by doing a simple test with the default VB project will either narrow down or eliminate a problem in your C# project setup.

stephen127

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 10:04:41 AM »
I just tested one with a simple VB project. I had this same missing component error message.

rbelknap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 11:54:28 AM »
Just an outside guess here, but it sounds like the advanced HMI components weren't compiled in Release mode.

Make sure the entire Solution is in Release mode and then right-click on the solution and Build.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »
What all files do you have in the same directory with the executable ?

stephen127

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »
I attached a screenshot here.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:23:19 PM »
It looks like you are missing AdvancedHMIControls.dll

stephen127

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
You are totally correct. For some reasons, I always thought I have included all the .dll files in the reference. Thank you so much for the help.