Author Topic: Making Pilot Light color brighter  (Read 2543 times)

Aviraj

• View Profile
Making Pilot Light color brighter
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
Hello

I am using a few pilot lights to monitor the state of the the inputs and outputs of my PLC. I've kept the 'LightColor' as well as the 'LightColorOff' properties to the same color. This way, when the pilot turn turns on, the same color gets brighter. However, I am noticing that a lot of times it is hard to make out if the light is on or off because the difference in the brightness is not that much (especially for the yellow color). I understand that I can set the 'LightColorOff' as white, however, I would prefer that I keep them the same color.

So my question is that can I make the colors more or less bright ? I tried looking into the PilotLight.vb file in the hope of finding a color property defined there, but unfortunately could not find that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Aviraj

rbelknap

• View Profile
Re: Making Pilot Light color brighter
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
I had a similar issue but Archie helped me to add some On/Off test to the pilot light.
Not sure if it'll work for you or not.

See this thread:  http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1007.0

Download the vb file in the last reply and put it in your purchased folder, then compile to try it out.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
Thanks a lot buddy, it looks like I want something on the same lines too. I'll use the code and try modifying it more if I have to. I'll post any other questions or updates that i might have.

Thanks again

Aviraj

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
Hi

So I looked at the code and it looks pretty impressive. What I would really want is just be able to add the entire color palette to 'LightColor' and 'LightColorOff' properties. Just how you have the entire color range available for 'LightColorOnTextColor' and 'LightColorOffTextColor' properties. I would want all those colors available for the two properties that I mentioned.

You think you can help me out with that maybe ?

Thanks

Aviraj

rbelknap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »
Unfortunately I'm not in a spot right now where I can try to figure this out.
Perhaps Archie has something he can share to do this, I know I couldn't have added the text stuff without him.

The only way I can even conceive to do this would be to draw a circle over the existing light and making properties to make it a different color.

Good Luck with this.  I'll jump back in if there is something I can help with, but as I said, I don't have the time to devote to the entire thing right now.

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 09:40:00 AM »
Sure thing man , thanks a lot for the help. That circle thing might actually work out !

Appreciate your help 

Aviraj

rbelknap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
Aviraj,

I finally found some time to play with this.

Put the attached in your purchased folder, Build and try it out.
It'll be PilotLightBright in the Toolbox

Rich

Aviraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 12:11:29 PM »
Thanks a ton buddy. That was pretty much what I wanted to do !

Really appreciate your help and thanks again  :)

Aviraj