Author Topic: Some Questions...  (Read 1265 times)

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
Some Questions...
« on: January 30, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »
Hey Archie,

I'm working on a project and need some help in getting answers to these questions.

1. How many DataSubsccriber2 can be added to a project?

2. How many tags can be added to a DataSubscrier2?

4. Can the maximum no of tags added to a DataSubscriber2 be increased?

3. I'm in need to log around 7000 tags from ControlLogix to SQL is A.H.M.I a feasible solution?

4. How much time will it take  to get data of 7000 tags from ControlLogix to A.H.M.I?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Some Questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:24:32 PM »
AdvancedHMI does not pose any limits on the number of DataSubscribers or the number of tags per DataSubscriber. The limitation comes from the bottleneck of your hardware and communication link. The PollRateOverride is the target rate for round trip time of updating all subscriptions. But if the communication link does not allow that rate then it will update as fast as it can.

For instance, if you are trying to upate 7000 tags that are consectutive and the driver reads them in groups of 20. that means it will take 350 reads to complete the round trip. Now let's say you are using Ethernet and the round trip per read is 15ms. The absolute fastest update is going to be 5.25 seconds. Even if you put 1000ms for PollRateOverride, it will still only be able to do it in 5.25s.

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
Re: Some Questions...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 09:32:14 PM »
Thanks a ton Archie for such a precise and speedy reply.

I'm falling in love with AHMI...