Author Topic: VB 2010 Not able to add Controls Components to an added Form  (Read 763 times)

greg2639

• View Profile
VB 2010 Not able to add Controls Components to an added Form
« on: February 02, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »
Wanted to add Advanced HMI meter to an existing code I wrote a while back in VB 2010, added it to the solution but I am not able to insert Advanced HMI 3.9.9.1 components to this form.  It also happens if I just add a new blank form to a virgin built Advanced HMI project.  All references seem to be good but here are errors I get when I try to insert a Advanced HMI digital meter:

Warning   1   The currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client" does not include "System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which the referenced assembly "MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls" depends on. This caused the referenced assembly to not resolve. To fix this, either (1) change the targeted framework for this project, or (2) remove the referenced assembly from the project.

Warning   2   The currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client" does not include "System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which the referenced assembly "C:\Work\Software Projects\Ethernet IP\PLC - Copy-screw around with it\AdvancedHMIControls\bin\Debug\EC-2000CommunicatorControlls.dll" depends on. This caused the referenced assembly to not resolve. To fix this, either (1) change the targeted framework for this project, or (2) remove the referenced assembly from the project.   

Error   3   Type 'Controls.DigitalPanelMeter' is not defined.   

Error   4   Type 'Controls.DigitalPanelMeter' is not defined.   

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: VB 2010 Not able to add Controls Components to an added Form
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
If you are using VS2010, make sure you have Service Pack 1 installed.

It looks like the real problem is that your application is targeting .NET Client Profile. AdvancedHMI uses the full .NET 4.0 framework.

greg2639

• View Profile
Re: VB 2010 Not able to add Controls Components to an added Form
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »
Thank you so much Archie, that was it!  Switched my application to full Net 4.0 framework and every thing seems to work now!