Author Topic: No response from PLC during write.  (Read 2016 times)

kk6mrp

• View Profile
No response from PLC during write.
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:03:58 PM »
Hi,

I was just trying to get AdvancedHMI working with both my SLC-500 and MicroLogix 1200 today and unable to get AdvancedHMI to communicate with either PLC. I receive the message, ' Exception thrown: 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.PLCDriverException' in MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll ' in Visual Studio Community 2015. I am trying to communicate through the SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom driver using AdvancedHMI version 3.99r. All the settings for the driver are configured identical to RSLinx and as such, I am unsure of where to go to from here. I, at the moment am trying to use the Momentary Button Control with the PLC input address under PLCAddressClick but with no avail.

Reading through other posts, I haven't found much information on this particular issue but that my Prolific USB to Serial adapter may be the issue; I am still unsure of that because it has worked very reliably since I purchased it.

Thank you,
Weston Miller

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No response from PLC during write.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:06:58 PM »
It is most likely that RSLinx has a hold you serial port.  You must make sure that RSLinx is completely shut down.  Not just the user interface closed, but the RSLinx.exe program completely shut down.  Check the task manager to be sure.

kk6mrp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »
Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

It is completely shut down now, but I am still unable to communicate with the PLC.

Thanks,
Weston

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:30:07 PM »
If RSLinx works with that adapter, then it's not a problem with the adapter.

Can you start off with something simple?  Add a basic label and set the PLCAddress (something like that) to N7:0 and see if it will read that.

What address are you trying to read/write?

kk6mrp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 11:35:44 PM »
I figured out that RSLinx Enterprise (from FTView) was running in the background even though RSLinx Classic was completely shut down. I have no problem now reading outputs, but I still cannot trigger inputs from AdvancedHMI, any Ideas?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:01:16 AM »
You cannot directly write to input addresses. The physical wired terminals control those bits. You need to use internal bits such as B3/0

kk6mrp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:09 AM »
No wonder, I should have known that.

Thank you!
Weston