Author Topic: v3.5.6 cpu utilization issues??  (Read 1704 times)

usapatriotforlife

• View Profile
v3.5.6 cpu utilization issues??
« on: August 21, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »
It could be just me and my development platform, but I'm experiencing the following issue with v356:  I can take a brand new solution directly from the website, add a panelmeter and and an EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 driver.  Set the PLC Address value and the IP address in the control, build and run and my cpu goes to about 40% and stays their as long as the program is running.  If I add a couple of these drivers, the CPU pegs at 100%.  Also, data doesn't seem to read in as snappy in this release.

I tried the identical setting with a version 341 of AHMI and the cpu barely budged on my computer. 

I get the same results copying the files out and running them on a different workstation from my dev computer as well.

Any ideas on what to try to fix this?  Thanks!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: v3.5.6 cpu utilization issues??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:28:09 AM »
I found a problem with the driver thread that causes high CPU usage. I fixed the problem and it made my usage drop from 12% to 0%. I'll post an update this evening.

usapatriotforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »
You are amazing, I don't see how you manage to do all of this.   Thank you so much.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »
Ver 3.57 is now posted that should resolve the high CPU issue.

usapatriotforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 02:03:21 AM »
3.5.7 tested and confirmed to definitely fix the CPU utilization and sluggishness issue reported in this thread.  AWESOME!!  :)  Thank you so much.