Author Topic: Windows Embedded support  (Read 1459 times)

River

• View Profile
Windows Embedded support
« on: September 26, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
Hi!

Yesterday discovered this great tool! I must say thanks to give to the community this amazing tool!.

I want to ask, if AdvancedHMI supports Windows Embedded CE5, CE6, Standard7 or any kind of Windows Embedded.

If not, maybe it's possible to integrate some kind of software (.Net compact Framework) to the end device in order to support AdvancedHMI?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I've not had any work on Visual Studio yet.. I think that if advancedHMI supports this destination, would be a huge step forward.

Regards, and keep the good work!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Windows Embedded support
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
Advanced has been used on both Windows XP Embedded and Windows 7 Embedded, but it is not compatible with the compact framework(WinCE). The software makes use of many tools available in the full framework, that are not in the compact framework.

Several years ago there was some limited compatibility with the compact framework, but the decision was made to no longer invest time in that since Microsoft left an uncertain future for it when Visual Studio 2010 no longer supported it.

River

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
Hi Archie!

Good to know, so... I will begin my application (and first try with AdvancedHMI) with windows XP embedded instead of WinCE.
It's possible to add standard serial drivers to the project (my own txrx protocol), instead of Allen Bradley protocols?

Thank you so much

Best regards!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:45:46 AM by River »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:33 AM »
You can use the SerialPort component that is in the Toolbox. One user showed a demonstration of how they used captured data over serial from an Arduino controller and pushed the values into the controls instead of using the PLCAddress properties. This does involve a bit of programming, but is possible.