Author Topic: Analog Value Display & Message list by bit  (Read 1125 times)

abouhaa

• View Profile
Analog Value Display & Message list by bit
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »
Hi there, thanks in advance for the help.

1) Is there a way make analog value display text centered? For example when value changes from 3 to 2000 the numbers won't be aligned anymore. I want 3 and 2000 to be vertically aligned. I tried to change text alignment but didn't help.

2) Message list: Is there a way to show more than just 32 bits? If that is the max I shall say it is very limited..

Edit:
Assuming 32 bits is what I use, can I increase the number of elements to more than 2?
Mine always resets back to 2 if I set to to higher than 2.. IS this only my issue?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:43:37 PM by abouhaa »

Phrog30

Re: Analog Value Display & Message list by bit
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 03:09:39 PM »
Message list by bit is limited to 64, currently anything more will not work.  I use my own analog display, but I just tried and text align worked for me.

abouhaa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 03:36:03 PM »
I will try to work on the message by bit...

For the analog display, I found my issue FINALLY..
The "Autosize" was set to true somehow. Once I changed it back to false and made sure "TextAlign" was MiddleCenter it worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Phrog30

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
I have a multistate indicator that does LSB and allows arrays if you are interested. It kinda works like FTView.

abouhaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:12:44 AM »
Sure I would like to try it out.
Thanks.

Phrog30

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 09:12:16 AM »
OK, here is the entire application. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11g1J805iszO6zGDFmX33Wxj4L1S6RCD3/view?usp=sharing
I have been hacking on it for a few days, so I can't promise you won't find issues.  But, it's easier to just give you the entire thing since I use designer forms for setting up controls (double click during design time/mode).

Per Rockwell, their multistate has two trigger types:
Code: [Select]
Trigger type
Select Value if you want the object to trigger a state based on the value of the Value connection.
Select LSB if you want the object to trigger a state based on the least significant bit that is set high in the Value connection.
I am mimicking that functionality.  It probably wouldn't be hard to add arrays into Archie's stuff.  Maybe he has plans to at some point, I don't know.
I slapped a few examples on my main form, see photo "Nav" on how to get there.  Photos 1&2 show the designer forms.  If you choose LSB you can define the array length and the word/bit length, 16, 32, etc.  It's not completely debugged, so expect issues.  I tested with CLX and a modbus sim.

abouhaa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
So this is going to show only one message at a time and the least significant bit message?

Also how do you get into the designer form?

Phrog30

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
Yes, either value or lsb is one at a time.  Like I said, we could probably edit the list to do arrays, which sounds like what you need.

I don't understand your other question, what designer form? Just create a form and drag the controls on them. My form, I showed the path in the photo.

abouhaa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 01:48:46 PM »
any chance you have your project in CS?
nvm the other question I understand you now

Phrog30

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:22 PM »
No, what you see is what you get. There are many code translation tools. Some will translate perfect, some will get you close.

abouhaa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 01:14:58 PM »
How to add the MyHMI Folder properly to my current application? Having trouble getting the controls to work and populate in the toolbox.. Thanks

Phrog30

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
First, using windows explorer, copy the folder, then paste in your project.  Then open VS.  You probably won't see the folder yet.  Click show all files.  Now you will see the folder, but just an "outline".  Right click and include in project.  If you rebuild the solution you will have errors because you need to add references.  Use my project to see what you need to add.

Honestly, it's probably easier to add your stuff to mine.