Author Topic: Configuration of alarms  (Read 1069 times)

francis

• View Profile
Configuration of alarms
« on: March 05, 2020, 02:44:37 AM »
I would like to display multiple alarms as they occur. Which tool is best suited for this an how to use it? For example, an alarm that a pump has tripped, overcurrent etc

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
Re: Configuration of alarms
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 03:11:52 AM »
https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2627.0

My similar question a few weeks ago. I was able to make an active alarm list and a historical alarm list.

francis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 04:48:24 AM »
I followed the link but the explanation is not clear to me. It seems messagelistbybit can be configured for 1 PLC address. I want alarms from multiple PLC addresses. Would you please elaborate

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:50:09 AM »
There is a bunch of different ways you can accomplish this:

If all of your PLC addresses are within the same PLC, you can use an available integer value in your PLC and set it with each of those addresses.
Then just poll that integer value with messagelistbybit.

Or use one or more DataSubscriber2 components to subscribe to all addresses, place a few labels on the form and set them by using the DataChanged event of the DataSubscriber2 depending on what address value has changed. Instead of labels, you can use messagelistbybit and set its value directly.

Or use a BasicLabel control for each of your addresses and maybe change its back color within its ValueChanged event.

Or use some other controls.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:29:27 PM by Godra »

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 04:39:26 PM »
I followed the link but the explanation is not clear to me. It seems messagelistbybit can be configured for 1 PLC address. I want alarms from multiple PLC addresses. Would you please elaborate

I used a 16 bit PLC word, I only have 10 alarms. I could have used a 32 bit and I believe a 64 bit. I am only interested in one PLC and I have a block of code for alarms.  I bring all the alarms in to that block and each alarm sets a bit of the word which in my case is a modbus word which the HMI reads. 

francis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 12:23:27 AM »
Thanks to all. Am now able to display alarms