Author Topic: No Response from PLC  (Read 683 times)

Caleb B

• View Profile
No Response from PLC
« on: May 19, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
Hello everyone. I just started using AHMI yesterday and the software is still a bit confusing to me. I tried looking through some old posts for the solution to the problem I am having but I could not find anything that resolved the issue, so I thought I might ask it here.

I am using a CompactLogix PLC and I am trying to read data from an IO Module connected to the PLC. The tags for the IO Module appear under the Controller Scope tags. In order to test that everything was working correctly, I decided to make a simple application to display one of the IO values on a Digital Panel Meter. To do this, I built the solution, added an EthernetIPforCLX driver, selected the appropriate IP address, added a Digital Panel Meter display, and typed the name of the tag (Local:1:I.Ch5Data) into the PLCAddressValue parameter. However, whenever I run the application, the Digital Panel Meter's value never changes and the words "No response from PLC 192.168.1.17, slot=0" appear across the top of the Digital Panel Meter display. I checked and I am pretty sure I am using the correct IP address and slot number.

In one of the posts I read, it suggested that RSLinx.exe must not be running in order for the application to work. However, when I attempt to stop RSLinx.exe in the task manager, Studio 5000 also crashes. I would really appreciate any help I can get regarding the issues I have outlined above. I have included three screenshots that I hope might help.

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: No Response from PLC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 04:27:24 PM »
1. Check connection by pinging from PC to PLC.
2. RSLINx have nothing to do w/ it , unless are using serial communication.
3. DO the easier step first,   have a timer tag like FreeRunningTimer.ACC in your Digital Panel Meter.
4.  Next try the real thing , first copy Local:1:I.Ch5Data to MyDataword
5. Use MyDataword in your Digital Panel Meter.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

Caleb B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:04:21 PM »
Okay. Thank you very much for your quick response! I will try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Caleb B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »
Sorry for the late response. The problem was with the computer's IP Address, so the PC and PLC were not connected correctly. Thank you very much for your help!