Author Topic: Create new project  (Read 1354 times)

bowman@bcs4support.com

• View Profile
Create new project
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:43:42 AM »
I have an existing project I am working on.  I am pleased with the results.  Still having issues getting SQL to work.  :-[
But I like your product.

My question is "can I create a different project on the same machine?"

I know I can change the name of the folder the AHMI is stored in.  Does this impact the functionality of the AHMI application inside that folder?

Can the name of the exe file within this folder be changed to something other than AdvancedHMI.exe?

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Create new project
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 02:16:09 PM »
Are you referring to running 2 AdvancedHMI projects on the same PC?

bowman@bcs4support.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 03:04:24 PM »
Yes, during development, and then putting one application on one computer for one user and a different application on a different computer for another user.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 03:57:37 PM »
For development it is no problem creating a different directory for each project. However to run them simultaneously on the same PC, you will need to Right Click the AdvancedHMI project in Solution Explorer, select properties, then select the Applications tab. On there you will need to uncheck "Make Single Instance Application"

bowman@bcs4support.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 06:19:45 PM »
This is great news.  But!!

How do you create a second project with a different name and folder on the same machine? So both could be developed at the same time?  I assume it has somethin to do with the folder name the project is in, but seems too easy just to change the name of the folder.  And then the AdvancedHMI.exe file must have a different name also I would assume.  Bad to assume anything. ::)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »
You just create a new folder, then extract the original solution into that folder. The name does not have to change once you remove the Make Single Instance Application

bowman@bcs4support.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 07:49:26 AM »
Thanks, will give this a shot.