Author Topic: Communication speed  (Read 1561 times)

StefanA

• View Profile
Communication speed
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:05:54 AM »
I have a lot basic labels on a form (50+) and I think that the sheer number of them affects the communication (modbus) speed. One of the labels is a countdown clock (seconds) and it lags and skips every other value. Most of the labels don't need to be updated so often but some do. How do I get around this?  Add more communication drivers with different poll rates or maybe use the poll rate override function?

Jesse

• View Profile
Re: Communication speed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
I never use the modbus driver so i'm not too familiar with it, is there a pollrate propertie?

StefanA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 03:47:04 AM »
The modbus driver have a poll rate override and some of the objects have a poll rate configuration in their properties. It sound like a adjustable poll rate function.

Jesse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »
If you want one control on a form to get information faster than the others than you could possibly have 2 modbus drivers and for the control you want to read faster(countdown clock) assign modbus driver2 to its comm property and adjust its pollrate to be faster than the default value and for all other labels use the modbus driver1.

this is just a thought, no idea if it would work.