Author Topic: Windows CE usable dll  (Read 2267 times)

gbutori

• View Profile
Windows CE usable dll
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:58 AM »
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but in the past I've read several posts about AdvancedHMI on other forums.

I really appreciate AdvancedHmI, but I can't really take the advantage of it because I use CE devices.

I have an application on which I would need a basic communication over ethernet to an Allen Bradley CLX PLC, just for reading a couple of tags and I can't find drivers anywhere to do this. I was wondering if it was possible to create a usable dll from the AdvancedHMI project. I wouldn't need all the wonderful graphic capabilities it has, just a way to read tags from a PLC.

If not already available, could someone give me a few hints on how to do this? I'm not an expert software programmer, I'm mainly a PLC programmer with a little capabilitiy of programming Visual Basic and .NET.

Thanks to everyone will like to help me.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Windows CE usable dll
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:25:07 AM »
It was decided years ago to no longer continue trying to support CE (.NET compact framework). AdvancedHMI uses many of the features in the full .NET framework that are not in the compact framework, so it would require some major changes to make it work.

The reason for this decision was because a few years ago Microsoft left an uncertain future for CE. Also the cost of a Windows CE panel is about the same as the cost of a panel with full windows.