Author Topic: Comms Loss/Lockup  (Read 468 times)

boardmaker

• View Profile
Comms Loss/Lockup
« on: December 22, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
Having an intermittent issue with 2 seperate AdvancedHMI applications that are running similar machines, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas of where to start.

They are both Lenovo AllinOne touchscreens running windows 11.  As far as I can tell, I have all updating turned off and neither are connected to the internet.  Just a LAN with their respective PLC Processor networks.  These computers are dedicated and are not used for anything but this application.
Comms are ModbusTCP.

I need to point out that these PC's are not on the same network.  They are each talking with different PLC's.  But I'm having the same problems.  The PLC's are Automation Direct DoMores.
I'm running AdvancedHMI v35v399xR1.

Approximately every 3 weeks or so, the comms will lock up.  It will not communicate with any plc on the network.  However, AdvancedHMI doesn't show a comm loss.  I have a heartbeat with each PLC that increments and it is stopped.  I have multiple buttons and analog displays, and they are all static and will not communicate with the plc.
The application itself is not locked up and I can switch screens, the clock is correct, etc.

I hate to say it but I'm lost on what to even look for.  Simply closing the application and opening it again is all it takes to fix the problem.  And since the problem only happens every couple weeks, it's hard to track down.

I'm mad at myself that I didn't try pinging the PLCs the last time it happened.  I will definitely do that next time.
Any other ideas?  Anybody have something similar? 

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Comms Loss/Lockup
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 11:19:14 AM »
I would first recommend trying version 3.99y Beta which can be downloaded from this forum. It has many improvments in the drivers.

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: Comms Loss/Lockup
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:08:59 PM »
You have a heartbeat at PLC/machine side, but what if the PLC/machine power is off during weekend for maintenance?

===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================