Author Topic: Monitor change in Rockwell PLC  (Read 528 times)

Alcides Teixeira

• View Profile
Monitor change in Rockwell PLC
« on: June 20, 2023, 12:42:59 PM »
I need to monitor changes made to the Rockwell PLC
I have a problem making some improvement in the PLC program and for some reason the process technician downloads an old program in the station and with that I lose the improvement

Has anyone already made an application to monitor this? or can you help me on this item?

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: Monitor change in Rockwell PLC
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 02:30:41 PM »
Yes, you need FactoryTalk AssetCentre.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 02:39:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

This is pretty far off topic for the forum, there isn't anything AdvancedHMI can do.  About the only thing you can do is put the key/toggle switch in RUN position, this will prevent downloads.  If they can get physical access, they could just put it back in REM position to get around it.

Check out the controller properties security tab, you might be able to restrict changes.  We don't use this feature, so I don't have experience with it.

I've also never experimented with the change detection, there might be something to look at there.  Though knowing there are changes doesn't really help you, your changes would already be gone.  You really should focus on the person/people who are downloading old copies of the program to the controller.  If people can't get on board, find a way to take access away.

timryder

• Still trying to figure it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 11:47:42 AM »
Within the 5069 architecture of Rockwell PLC's there does exist a numerical ID that is associated with a "Change" to the plc logic, comments, descriptions really anything other than tag values. You have to use a GSV instruction to poll for this signature and with some logic you can determine if the signatures value has changed. It will at least let you know that the program in any way other than tag values, has been updated. Hopefully this will help you with your quest, as others have stated there is very little you can do to block it but you can at least determine if it has been modified.

(See attached)
Still just trying to figure out this thing called Life.