Author Topic: NO "Form (Windows Forms)" option when trying to add an additional form 17.6.5  (Read 458 times)

mboyd81l

• View Profile
Hi,
I'm new to AdvancedHMI, I have built VB and VB.net applications in the past.  I have version 17.6.5 and when trying to add an additional form, I don't see the "Form (Windows Forms)" option.  I've searched around and it appears to be an issue with Video Studio 2022.  I haven't been able to find a clear solution to this problem yet.  I'm really interested in trying AdvancedHMI, but if I can't add additional forms, it's useless.  I know this is a VS issue, just hoping that someone here has a solution for this.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Marc

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
When you installed VS, did you install the Desktop workload?

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
To add a little to what Archie is saying, during the VS install process, you need to select ".NET desktop development". This is optional and not selected by default.  You can see the option here (step 6):

https://www.guru99.com/download-install-visual-studio.html

mboyd81l

• View Profile
Thanks guys, If it was something that wasn't installed by default, that may be the issue.  I don't recall checking any additional boxes.  I'll try to re-install and pay closer attention this time.

Thanks Again!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
You can open Visual Studio Installer and add the feature without re-installing VS completely