Author Topic: MicroLogix 1100 "CIP - Path to Destination Not Found"  (Read 444 times)

Yertoo

• View Profile
MicroLogix 1100 "CIP - Path to Destination Not Found"
« on: September 12, 2023, 05:01:17 PM »
I am very new to all of this, but I bought a MicroLogix 1100 and I have managed to get it connected to Rslinx and Rslogix Micro Starter Lite. I have even been messing around with using bits to switch outputs on and off, so I know that much is connected. Now the the problem I'm having is that I'm getting the error message "CIP - Path to Destination Not Found" in the momentary button's text box when I start the program and click the button. I'm positive the IP address in the communication driver matches the IP address of the ML1100. Since I'm using Rslogix Micro Starter Lite I don't have the ability to create tags. So instead of using tags I'm using the memory addresses instead. B3:0/0 is what I have in the PLCAddressClick box, but apparently it can't find the path. I am using Visual Studio 2022 and it did ask if I wanted to update the projects framework to the new framework. I did upgrade it to the new framework. Should I download the old .net framework? I tried to include links to images but it doesn't seem to like those here.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 05:16:56 PM by Yertoo »

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MicroLogix 1100 "CIP - Path to Destination Not Found"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 08:53:31 PM »
As I posted over at the other forum, use EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom driver, not EthernetIPforCLXCom

Yertoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 10:25:28 AM »
For future readers,that was correct. Even though everything online says to use the CLX driver for the micrologix series, you have to use SLC driver. Also, if you do all of that and receive no error messages and nothing is happening when you try to click your button, disable your Wi-Fi completely. Once I disabled Wi-Fi, advanced hmi was instantly capable of communicating with my micrologix 1100.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 12:01:33 PM »
Not that it really matters but I'm curious about your sources telling you to use the CLX driver.  I can see one or two places being mistaken, certainly not "everywhere".   If it were here, it wouldn't take very long before that was corrected.

Yertoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 10:08:24 PM »
I was going to send you the link to the quick start video from YouTube on the advance hmi channel, but after rewatching I see he was using a compact logix not a micro logix. Now I