Author Topic: New here Glad I found this forum...Problem with V3.61 and CLX Enet Array bit .15  (Read 1510 times)

ms_sscc

• View Profile
Advanced HMI V3.61
Using EthernetIpForClx com1 any array bit other than .15 *Testintaray[0].15* and only .15 creates an error every other bit .0 - .14 work fine all the time.

Thanks In advance,
Matt

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Have you tried this on the latest version of 3.88?

ms_sscc

• View Profile
No I have not tried this on V3.88
It happens with a basic button.  Not sure if it happens anywhere else.
Is it hard to import to the newer version?
How would I go about doing that. I am sure there has been qur=estions on that if you could just point me in the right direction.
Thanks Archie,
Matt

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
There was a structure change to the solution in version 3.80, so upgrade across that version can get involved depending on how many different visual controls are used in your project. If you add your forms to the project of the latest version, it will give the list of errors. Sometimes you can go to the error and follow the recommended fix you get when clicking on the exclamation. If you make note of the code with an error, and the corrected code, you can usually do a search and replace to fix the majority of the errors.

ms_sscc

• View Profile
I seem to not be able to find V3.80 only the newer V3.93 I tried to copy and paste forms and when I did it showed up as code not the design form?  I copied just one basic button to the new V3.93 and it gave me the option to paste but when selected paste, nothing pasted ..??  Am I going about this wrong? Is there an easy fix to the earlier version?
As I have 11 forms with a lot of code behind them and lots of visual component's.

The new V3.93 has no problem with  basic button using an array with bit .15

Thanks again,
Matt
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:54:53 AM by ms_sscc »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I tried to copy and paste forms and when I did it showed up as code not the design form?  I copied just one basic button to the new V3.93 and it gave me the option to paste but when selected paste, nothing pasted ..??  Am I going about this wrong? Is there an easy fix to the earlier version?
As I have 11 forms with a lot of code behind them and lots of visual component's.
The best chance for an easy fix is to see if version 3.70, which is still on SourceForge, does not have the bit 15 problem. If not then you can import your forns into it.

After 3.80, the driver architecture was changed, so you would not be able to get the latest driver to work in a Pre-3.80 version.

- Download and open the latest version in Visual Studio
- In the Solution Explorer, right click the AdvancedHMI project and select Add->Existing
- Browse to and select only your .vb files with the names of your forms from your previous project
- Once the old forms are in the new project, you will get an error for every control
- You will need to edit the files with the errors and change the controls namespace

For example:

MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.BasicLabel will become AdvancedHMIContols.BasicLabel

This pattern will be the same for all controls.

ms_sscc

• View Profile
Thank you so much Archie..  I did as you instructed with v3.70 and got no errors? Like you said I would, but the form is all in code for each component. There is no form to edit like a user graphical interface is gone.. If that makes sense?
Did I do something wrong in the process of adding a existing item?
Thanks Again,
Matt

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
You will only get errors if you upgrade to a version 3.80 or later.

Before adding the forms to the new project, it is always good to make sure all files are closed, especially the forms. Then before opening any forms you added, for a Rebuild Solution.