Author Topic: Running two instances of AHMI on the same PC  (Read 1690 times)

MrPike

• View Profile
Running two instances of AHMI on the same PC
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
I would like to run two instances of AHMI at the same time on one PC.  The reason for this is to be able to use one app to monitor status of several devices and report alarms via email and activate an audible alarm.  The second app would be the normal user interface and would view data/silence alarms when the device page is opened.  I have tried this in one AHMI app by using the main form to poll data of all devices at a rate of 30 second intervals regardless of visibility.  But I find the data refresh of the pages being opened is very slow or doesnt happen at all.  I assume this is because the driver for the device is busy updating the mainform and not the page that is being opened.  Is this a good way to monitor the devices or is there a better way?  Bottomline is the PC is not monitored by a person at all times and needs to send an alarm email if a process goes out of range.    I am using v3.94  Thanks for the help.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Running two instances of AHMI on the same PC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »
Version 3.97a has a fix to several of the drivers that was causing a high CPU usage when using multiple forms. This version may help with things getting slow.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Running two instances of AHMI on the same PC
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »
As for running multiple instances, if you right click the AdvancedHMI project in the Solution Explorer and go to Properties, you will find a check box for "Make Single Instance Application". That is checked in the default Solution.