Author Topic: AB Logix Driver Stops Updating  (Read 4690 times)

StephenSDH

• View Profile
AB Logix Driver Stops Updating
« on: June 24, 2015, 11:34:51 AM »
With v398 the AB logix driver stops updating after a duration.  I don't get any exceptions to pop up.  The application keeps running, but the data no longer updates.  It has been repeatable on my development and target machine with 2 different PLCs.  I added some timers to see how long until it occurs.  Attached is a screenshot of the timestamps.  The computer did go to sleep in the sample and I'm not sure if it stopped before it went to sleep.  It does it also on the target machine also that doesn't go to sleep.

Same files as my previous post.
http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=836.0

In the development output pane.  It has a message I also attached for out of bounds index.  I assume this has something to do with it.

Steve

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: AB Logix Driver Stops Updating
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
I'll set this up later today and let it run to see if I can replicate this and locate the problem.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
I was able to reproduce this by letting it run for a few minutes then disconnecting the Ethernet for a couple minutes. On reconnect, it threw an exception. At some point your connection must be dropping out.

I made a patch to fix the problem. Download the V398s Patch from here (should be the 1st one in the list):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/Patches/?upload_just_completed=true

- Extract the file
- Replace the file in AdvancedHMIDrivers\Support
- Rebuild the project

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »
Yes.  There is a wireless link on the target machine so it does loses connection and my development computer went to sleep.  That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for patching it.  I updated and deployed.

Thanks, Steve

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »
I believe I'm getting a similar issue.  On the development machine the application froze and gave me the attached txt file in the more details section.  I can make it reoccur by removing the connection for a couple minutes and reconnecting. 

On both machines I get the send queue full message when I click a button.

Steve

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
This is normal because when the connection is lost, the message queue will fill up because it can't process and clear the request at the beginning of the queue. On re-connection, it is supposed to bring the Register Session and Forward Open to the front of the queue to restart comms. This may take a couple minutes as it waits for the first message to give up and get discarded.

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
The application was terminated by the OS on my target PLC, and the error dump is in the previous post if that helps.  To test again I disconnected/reconnected and I have waited 15 minutes and still no tags are updating and it says queue full.  Running in debug I am getting first change exceptions of PLCDriverException in MgfControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll if that helps.

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »
It shows queue full when I click a AdvancedHMI button, and then it crashes when I press the "Save IP" button.

I chose to break and attached is a screenshot of the code it pointed to.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
Here is another patch that should address this problem:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/Patches/

It's PatchV398sA

Follow  the same procedure as with the other patch

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »
It does recover now.  Its kind of odd though.  The data will stay stale until I press the "Save IP" button.  I tested clicking on the AdvancedHMI buttons and the textbox, but that didn't make a difference.  I let it go for over 2 minutes.  As soon as I press the IP button it starts working again instantly.  Duplicated 3 times.

Steve

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
You are right. I see the same thing. Try Patch V398sB

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
I downloaded the patch and installed it, rebuilt, and it still behaves the same.  Just incase I did it again with no difference.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:47:02 PM by StephenSDH »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 04:21:58 PM »
When I tested it, it worked once, but now that I tried a few more times I see that it only worked once in a while. Try this patch V398sC to see if it is any better:

StephenSDH

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »
I tried the new file.  It worked twice, but I might not have left the connection off long enough.  It mostly failed and I got the attached messages.  If you have time to look into it for me, I can work with you to compensate your time.  I'd like to get it stable so I can expand the application.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
I haven't been able to reproduce this here. I tried 5 disconnects with varying lengths of time and every time it recovered for me. But based on the error message you posted, I found one more piece of code that could throw the exception. This is yet another patch - V398sD :

If this still doesn't work, I may have to get you to run some WireShark captures.