Author Topic: Is Version 398s Complete?  (Read 6557 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Is Version 398s Complete?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »
After you download, extract, and open the newest version:

- Build the project
- Right Click on the AdvancedHMI project in Solution explorer
- Select Add->Existing Item
- Browse to and select the Mainform.vb from your previous project
- Repeat for each form you added to the solution

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
That makes it easier.

Now, is there a way to have vertical text in a tall FormChange button? Searched the forum for "vertical" & only got 2 hits about graphics. Tried adding spaces between letters but impossible to line up text neatly & can't add Carriage Returns between letters.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »
If you click in the Text property, you will get a drop down arrow. You can click that to do multiple lines of text and put each letter on its own lone. You can then use TextAlign to play around with the alignment.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »
Opened Version t, built AdvancedHMI, went to ADD/Existing Item, added all 10 forms & a new MainForm, rebuilt the project with 2 Successful's & 1 Failed, & when I tried to open each of the pages I got an error page saying ChangeForm was not valid, then when I clicked Ignore each page opened with all the objects except no from change buttons on any of them.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 08:54:04 PM »
Is the FormChangeButton in your ToolBox?

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 09:13:34 PM »
No, it's not in the toolbox. It is in the Solution Explorer, but when I try to drag it to the toolbox a "+" shows like it's going to copy it there, but doesn't - just a text entry with the path to it. Tried to Rebuild again & same fail. Right Clicked on the FormChangeButton.vb  & can't find Add.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »
Something happened to the FormChangeButton. Try to right click the AdvancedHMI project in Solution Explorer, select Add->Existing, then browse to the FormChangeButton from your previous project.

Also you may want to try to download and extract the solution again. Open it, then Build. Check the ToolBox to make sure the FormChangeButton is there.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »
Tried to Add it before & still can't. Tried to add from Ver s & Ver g unsuccessfully. Re-downloaded Ver t & opened it, built it, ChangeFormButton was in toolbox now.

Added each form & my MainForm, rebuilt & got error 'MainForm' is not a member of 'AdvancedHMI' - repeated a few times with same error.

Deleted project & re-extracted Ver t to folder, everything was fine again until I added an existing page - then the FormChangeButton would disappear from the toolbox & get same error about MainForm. Tried deleting & re-adding MainForm - same. Re-replaced MainForm with original & added all my pages (Form1 to Form10) EXCEPT my MainForm & rebuilt OK, FormChangeButton still there & buttons show on all pages. Rebuilt again with no errors. Then added my MainForm, rebuilt & finally OK. Now I have my full project.