Author Topic: displaying data form ML1100 and SLC 500on same page (from different controllers)  (Read 1555 times)

Nimesh

• View Profile
Hi, Archie, i am using micrologix1100 over ethernet and slc 5/04 over DF1 driver and displaying  data from both controllers on same page, it works good for minute and error comes saying "An unhandled exception of type 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' occurred in AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll" what could be the reason? and also want to know can i use AHMI like scada. means  is it possible to receive/send data to/from different PLCs working on different drivers of different manufactures.(like Allen Bradelly ,Omron and siemens in one application)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Theoretically you can place as many driver instances as you would like on a form and have them point to different PLCs.

There is a fix to the AB drivers that may fix the problem you are seeing. See the 5th post in this thread:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=853.0

Nimesh

• View Profile
Thanks Archie,
 I tried it and worked.

Nimesh

• View Profile
sorry it happened again after several tries.communication with micro freezes when i click button. when i keep AHMI  ON and when computer goes in sleep mode, micro (Ethernet)communication disconnects when I awake computer I looses communication with micro but at the  same time DF1(for SLC 5/04) works fine.i have to restart AHMI to  re-establish communication with micro. i think still there is some thing not right in micro driver.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:07:51 PM by Nimesh »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
The Micro/SLC driver may still need some work to improve the loss of coms recovery. This driver was largely re-written about 6 months ago and still going through some cleanup.