Author Topic: Features  (Read 1545 times)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
Features
« on: July 23, 2015, 04:37:08 AM »
Just thinking of new projects for AdvancedHMI & was wondering about 2 things I haven't found out if it does:

1. Will it support more than one form open on a computer with 2 monitors?

2. Can a picture box (or similar) show either a movie file from the hard drive, or live video from a video capture card?

Just thought of these because my second desktop system I am using to learn/practice on has 2 monitors & a video capture with a live camera. Did search the forum for "video" but only got a lot of hits for posted Utube videos.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Features
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »
You can show multiple forms by using a Button instead of a FormChangeButton. Once you add a Button (from the All Windows Controls ToolBox Group), double click the button to get back to the code, then enter

Form2.Show

Here is some information on playing videos in an app:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd564582(v=vs.85).aspx

AabeckControls

• View Profile
Re: Features
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 06:43:52 AM »
That takes care of playing videos stored on the hard drive, But I was thinking of an application I work on that shows live video from a camera in the machine to show the operator if the stock is in position.

Another thing I thought of: Is there a way AdvancedHMI can read a bit from one driver (say a SLC5/05 on Ethernet) & send a signal to another driver (SLC5/03 on DF1) - I thought a pilot light visible when PLC1 bit is on with a momentary reset click (that doesn't get clicked) to the other PLC, but the pilot light only does one driver, this would need 2 objects with one dependent on the other using different drivers.

Normally I would run a signal wire from PLC1's output to PLC2's input, but if the HMI can do it I wouldn't need to run that wire,