Author Topic: MODBUS TCP ON TELNET SERVER  (Read 4173 times)

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
MODBUS TCP ON TELNET SERVER
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Hey,

I have  a Local make PLC connected to AHMI via MODBUS TCP protocol with a Modbus RTU to TCP converter in between. It connects to modscan32 via Remote Telnet server on port 23. But when i try to connect it via AHMI I get  P.L.C NO RESPONSE(21)" error. Can somebody tell me what can i do to get data to our AHMI through this converter from P.L.C.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: MODBUS TCP ON TELNET SERVER
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
Do you mean TCP port 23?

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
YES its TCP port 23

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
 :(
I'm using AHMI with a converter to convert MODBUS-RTU to MODBUS-TCP. Converter provides the data on Telnet Server on port 23. When i ping the device it gives TTL replies, that means devices is connected. When i  connect it with MODSCAN32 and change the setting to REMOTE TELNET SERVER on port 23 I get the data of Holding Registers. But when i try to connect it with AHMI, On the converter only Tx light blinks there is no response from Rx side.

Can this be done by making some slight changes to the code or should i change the converter.

Please provide me with an input so i can make those changes to my project.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 03:55:50 AM »
I'm not sure how to make this work. It sounds like a remote telnet server requires unmodified RTU packets to be sent to a TCP port. The drivers for AdvancedHMI are not setup to do this. They can only send RTU packets to a serial port.

aquilmustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 06:31:16 AM »
 :( hmmmm.

That means i'll have to change the converter, whose output comes to modbus server is that correct?..