Author Topic: Disable Subscriptions  (Read 1462 times)

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
Disable Subscriptions
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:27:43 PM »
Disable Subscriptions

Works the first time the screen is displayed, if you switch to another screen and then back to that screen it starts polling automatically . I see in the code that it does what its programmed to do , but really don't know how to fix it.

All my HMI;s I now add a Connect Button and a Disconnect Button the to each screen , In some cases it seems to give the screen time to load and display with fewer problems. Also Ive found that if a plc goes offline for some reason , the screen may become unresponsive and I'll have to restart the HMI. I can click disconnect and after a few seconds connect ,  sometimes  I can prevent it from locking up and having to restart the HMI.
I have noticed this problem especially with  more than one Allen Bradley Micrologix Controllers on a screen , add a  compact or control Logix to the mix and you loose one off them doesn't seem to really affect it

Darrell

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Disable Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 06:41:46 PM »
Are you doing any reading/writing with code? The controls all update through subscriptions which run on background threads and should not freeze the screen. If you are using the Read command of a driver, it is synchronous with the UI thread, so a loss of communication will freeze the screen until the Read times out.

Writes are also synchronous, so something like a button can freeze the screen if there are no communications.

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Disable Subscriptions
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
Since my VB programming skills are very limited , I do very little read/writes through code , those screens using code have worked good for me so far , I highly suspect that part of my problem may be that I was using a win 7 laptop with only 4 gig of ram and 4 different RS500 and 1 RS500 programs open and online at the same time plus RSLinx running. Company laptop desperately needs upgrading.

I had great success with Advance HMI so far, and V399a has been the best so far, You can build very impressive HMI's with little or no VB experience . Your last expansion packs  proved to be very useful.

Thank you and Keep up the good work

Darrell