Author Topic: Good Work, Archie  (Read 1661 times)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
Good Work, Archie
« on: October 13, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »
I have updated 2 projects to version 399a & just had to praise you. This is a well running version of AdvancedHMI. (Only had a few small problems adding the existing project to ver 399a [colors & ranges changed on a few objects in the adding] but once I got those changed back to where they were this version is the best I've used.)

The only issue I do have is a few of the objects move down by themselves about an inch when a page is opened, so I have to move them up to be over another object & save, then when the page is loaded they move down to where I want them, as long as I don't save while they're down there.

But, again, a well working version

Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Good Work, Archie
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:32:29 PM »
Thanks! I did see your post about the moving controls and have been scratching my head on that one. It really sounds like a quirk with Visual Studio since the visual designer is all handled by VS.

If you wanted to send me the project, I would be interested in seeing if it also happens for me and try to figure out why it happens.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:33:45 PM »
Archie,

I zipped the project & uploaded to WeTransfer:

http://we.tl/C0aLTEbvn9

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 06:22:54 AM »
So far I have not had anything move on its own, but I do get a lot a flickering and controls that go invisible until clicked on. I found this caused by the form size in designer was too small to fit everything, therefore it put scroll bars on the form. When I scrolled, it would cause things to disappear until clicked, especially BasicIndicators. After I increased the size of the form to 1280,1024 those problems went away.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
every time I open MainForm it opens with an asterisk by the name to save changes - and what has changed was the 6 green indicators for Pump On & Heating Enabled. The same thing happens every time I open the other page with the same 6 elements. I have to close the form without saving those changes, or if I made changes on those forms move those 6 items up to on top of the 3 red temperature indicators. When I have time I'm thinking of changing the type of elements from square illuminated buttons to a basic indicators, because they never move.

And this happens on both of my desktops (both Windows 10 Pro with Visual Studio Community 2015)

And the project is running on a Windows7 Pro 64Bit & after I save them on top of the other items, close, rebuild - then copy the project to the machine's PC, they appear lower.