Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support Questions / Re: Graphic indicator
« Last post by Archie on Today at 05:36:24 PM »
This should work. What version of AdvancedHMI are you using?
Support Questions / Re: Exit Button on MainMenu
« Last post by Archie on Today at 05:35:32 PM »
You are correct, the MainMenu does need to use MainMenuButtons instead of form change buttons.

The MainMenu form has a property of MenuPosition. Depending on whether the form is taller than wide or vice versa is what determines the edge it will dock to.
Support Questions / Re: Second monitor
« Last post by Archie on Today at 05:32:14 PM »
It has been a long time since I have done this, but you need to create another form, show it, then dock it onto the second monitor. I would have to search for the code to remember how to dock the form onto the second monitor
Several years ago I did a project that needed to print to a Zebra label printer. I installed the printer driver into Windows and set the zebra as the default printer. From there I send a raw string of data directly to the printer that was in the ZPL format.

Attached is a helper class I used for sending the data to the printer.

The code to send a string to the printer using the helper class:
Code: [Select]
        RawPrinterHelper.SendStringToPrinter(RawPrinterHelper.DefaultPrinterName(), s)

I created a label using the Zebra software and saved it to be used as a template file. I then edited the label file to insert markers where I wanted to substitute data from the PLC. For example, [BatchNumber]

I wrote code to read that template, searched for the markers, then substituted the real data. And finally sending the string directly to the printer.

I can share more of the code, if you are interested
Is there a way to add AdvancedHMI to a project or does it have to be started using the blank project? Reason being, I am trying to add a Zebra nugget package to a project and keep getting these errors:
  CACHE https://api.nuget.org/v3/registration5-gz-semver2/zebra.printer.sdk/index.json
Resolved actions to install package 'Zebra.Printer.SDK.3.0.3271'
Install failed. Rolling back...
Package 'Zebra.Printer.SDK.3.0.3271' does not exist in project 'AdvancedHMI'
Package 'Zebra.Printer.SDK.3.0.3271' does not exist in folder 'C:\Users\ashquinn\Desktop\PrintTest\packages'
Executing nuget actions took 1.18 sec
Could not install package 'Zebra.Printer.SDK 3.0.3271'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
Time Elapsed: 00:00:01.8759248
========== Finished ==========

I am not sure how to get around this, or if there is even a way to. I am trying to print a tag element from my PLC to a Zebra zt410/411 without using the PLC. I was opting for VB to be in control. Has anyone one worked on something similiar to this?

*Edited title to be more accurate*
Support Questions / Re: Only reading 1 array register
« Last post by dmroeder on May 07, 2024, 10:06:57 AM »
Thanks for the update FlippinBits.

This is a very interesting issue. There have been issues in v32+ where some corruption of the tag database occurs.  The result ends up being you cannot upload the program from the controller.  Only recourse is to download.  We've seen this a couple of times, luckily for us, it's just machines we are building, not in production environment.

Seems like a similar issue.  Curious, are these tags UDT members?  I think Rockwell has opened up some UDT editing (renaming maybe?) online, there are technotes about corruption happening in when doing this in some versions.  What firmware version are you using?
Support Questions / Re: Only reading 1 array register
« Last post by FlippinBits on May 07, 2024, 09:53:36 AM »
No suggestions?  Just as well.
To follow up and for future readers.  This ended up not being an Advanced HMI issue, just appeared to be because some registers were not read properly.
This is with an AB CompactLogix 5380.  At the same time, I had a problem with not being able to save the PLC program to my laptop.  I don't have the exact message, but something about an offset being bad.  I had to do a download to the PLC to fix that, which it did.  At the same time, that also fixed my array displaying issue, that is now also working correctly again.
This is not the first time that I have had issues reading registers in AB ControlLogix PLCs that appeared in Advanced HMI.  In both times a download of the PLC program to the PLC fixed it.  Just something else to consider for others with similar issues.   :)
Open Discussion / Re: Powershell and AdvancedHMI
« Last post by dmroeder on May 02, 2024, 06:24:00 PM »
That's a good idea, I hadn't thought about doing it that way.
Open Discussion / Powershell and AdvancedHMI
« Last post by JimmyTang999 on May 02, 2024, 04:48:52 PM »
So to get this to work, you must purchase the .Net dll to make the driver stand alone.
It seems to be working very well. Worth every Penny!
Below is a simple example of connecting and reading a tag. It would be very easy to pipe data to a text file or DB from here with time stamp.

Code: [Select]
# Load the AdvancedHMI.dll assembly
Add-Type -Path "C:\myDlls\EIP\ClxDriver.dll"

# Create an instance of the EthernetIPforCLXCom class
[ClxDriver.EthernetIPforCLX]$ethernetIP = New-Object ClxDriver.EthernetIPforCLX
#$ethernetIP | Get-Member

# Set PLC IP address and slot
$ethernetIP.IPAddress = "YourIPAddress"
$ethernetIP.ProcessorSlot = "0"

#read the data
$testString = $ethernetIP.Read("PLCTag");
Write-Output $testString

Support Questions / Re: Second monitor
« Last post by stephen.crouch on May 01, 2024, 04:43:47 PM »
I'm guessing it will be something like creating a second MainForm, but I'm not sure how the panel loads the files on boot. Do I just put a second .sln file in the root directory of the thumb drive?  What would I name it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10