Author Topic: Can't comunicate Advanced HMI with TwinCAT Server  (Read 3111 times)

jbacardit

• View Profile
Can't comunicate Advanced HMI with TwinCAT Server
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:08:59 AM »
Hello,

I have the following scenario. In one virtual machine I have the Advanced HMI (192.168.1.250). In another machine (192.168.1.93) I have the TwinCAT Server with a program running (192.168.1.93.1.1 running on port 801). The two virtual machines are in the same LAN and the ping command between the machines works ok. The windows firewall is off and I don't have any antivirus installed.

This is the TwinCAT driver configuration:

I have a digital panel meter with the following configuration:

This is the WireShark packets in the TwinCAT machine:

Why TwinCAT sends a reset to the advanced HMI? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Can't comunicate Advanced HMI with TwinCAT Server
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:19:28 AM »
You need to put in a UserName and Password for an Admin account to the TwinCAT virtual machine in order for the driver to setup a route in the AMS routing table.

jbacardit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 07:56:38 AM »
Thanks a lot Archie!

I have left blank the UserName and Password option and I have configured the AMS Router in the following way:

Now all works!

I have another question. If I want to comunicate the Advanced HMI directly to a Beckhoff PLC without using TwinCAT server, I have to add the the Advanced HMI in the AMS Router of the PLC? If yes, how can I do this?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:07:38 AM »
I'm not sure how you are using the AMS router or what you refer to as the "PLC" because every TwinCAT run time has a router installed with it.

When I do HMIs with TwinCAT, I just put in the AMSNetId, IPAddress, Username and Password of the CX controller in the AdvancedHMI driver properties. Then let the AdvancedHMI driver handle the rest. If it is XP/7 based, the Admin account must have some kind of password such as the default of "1".

jbacardit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:06 AM »
Sorry Archie, I'm new in TwinCAT.

If I have understood well, the HMI Advanced driver configures the AMS Router of the device?

The username and password is this:

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 08:49:21 AM »
In the Properties of the TwinCATCom driver, the UserName and Password properties are used by the driver to insert routes in the remote AMS routing table.

For instance, if you have a CX8090 which is WinCE based and you did not change its password, in the AdvancedHMI driver, you would put Administrator for Username and leave Password blank. When you start your HMI application, the driver will automatically add the routing table entries for you.

The advantage to this is that you can move the HMI to another PC without having to configure anything on the CX controller.