Author Topic: write data S7 1200 Siemens  (Read 3851 times)

dumont

• View Profile
write data S7 1200 Siemens
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »
Hello,
I am beginning with advancedhmi, I use a siemens s71200 communicates perfectly with HMI, can you help me, how can I write words double in the Siemens S71200, thank you in advance

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: write data S7 1200 Siemens
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
AdvancedHMI does not have a native driver for Siemens. Your options are to use an OPC server or if your PLC supports Modbus, you can use the Modbus drivers.

dumont

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »
sorry, I installed this "http://www.davron.co.uk/AdvancedHMI.html" which allows me to communicate with Siemens S7 advancedhmi and 1200, however, the big problem I do not send the S7 1200 a datagridview, what should I do? thank you in advance

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 11:21:39 AM »
That's a 3rd party extension, so I will be unable to support it. It is a very old version also.

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 05:58:19 PM »
what kind of money would be looking  at to have you develop a AHMI driver for Siemens

Darrell

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 07:04:44 PM »
what kind of money would be looking  at to have you develop a AHMI driver for Siemens
Driver development is really quite a big task. Typically it takes 3-6 months for a version to be ready for initial testing. Then can takes years to fully refine and add all of the features. In the past I have done some custom drivers and tried to keep the cost below $3000 with the hopes to recover the costs in other means, but it never really worked out. The cost to develop the current AdvancedHMI drivers have been recovered by using them in multiple large scale projects. Since we have never done any large scale projects for Siemens PLCs, the drivers for them have never been developed.

With version 4 coming up, a new model will be used in order to support additional driver development and recover the cost by selling stand alone versions for use in proprietary software.

So to answer your question, the true cost of developing a Siemens driver would easily be in the $25k+ range for development time and the cost of hardware for testing.