Author Topic: Error trying to run application  (Read 1200 times)

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
Error trying to run application
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
I just installed Visual Studio Community 2015 and downloaded Advanced HMI. This is my first time using either of them so I hardly know where to start. I was able to setup to talk to 2 Allen Bradley micrologix units without any problems. then after adding several components I started getting this error: An error occurred while signing: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.   

I also got an error about signtool.exe not being in a folder that was label V7 as if it were expecting windows 7?  I did install signtool.exe and copied it to that folder but my problem with the 'os platform' error continues. 

I am given the option to run the last successful build and it works fine but I can't find any differences.

Any help is much appreciated.
thanks,
mark

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Error trying to run application
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:57:53 PM »
Did you by any chance use Publish?

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 07:18:20 AM »
Yes I did and then read that that's a no no. So I reinstalled Advanced HMI and it was ok again for a little while. Not sure what's triggering this error.

I failed to say that I'm running windows 10. Is that a problem? I did find a post last night that said only use XP or Windows 7. Is that right?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 08:37:04 AM »
Windows 10 is not a problem. It is what I have been exclusively using for about 6 months now. The only time I have seen the signing tool error was with the Publish.

Check this one thing:

- In Solution Explorer, right click the AdvancedHMI project and select Properties
- Select the Signing tab
- Make sure neither of those check boxes are selected

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 08:55:30 AM »
Thank you for the very quick reply.  Sign the assembly was checked. Everything is working fine. Thank you very much!