Author Topic: WIN 10 automatic Update & RE-Boot  (Read 769 times)

DavidSr

• View Profile
WIN 10 automatic Update & RE-Boot
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:38:53 AM »
Good Morning !

Since win 10 insists on automatic updates how do you mitigate the issue of it re-booting without user intervention?

David
David

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
Re: WIN 10 automatic Update & RE-Boot
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:52:26 AM »
here's a good article. I changed my group policy and it worked fine.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3085136/windows/two-ways-to-control-or-stop-windows-10-updates.html

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 08:57:42 AM »

DavidSr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:04 AM »
Yes I know about pausing updates but I want to turn them off and update manually when I want.

The first solution rovided by jazzplayermark which is for wireless connections is ok for his application I suppose but not for mine.

I am curious Archie, you have installed AHMI in an industrial application on the Surface Pro. How are they dealing with this. Apart from keeping it off the internet I don't see a solution to entirely stop the updates.
David

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 11:25:29 AM »
I am curious Archie, you have installed AHMI in an industrial application on the Surface Pro. How are they dealing with this. Apart from keeping it off the internet I don't see a solution to entirely stop the updates.
Every application I have installed is only on a local network to the machine, therefore has no internet access. With no internet access, Win10 does not update.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:06 AM »
Yes I know about pausing updates but I want to turn them off and update manually when I want.

The first solution rovided by jazzplayermark which is for wireless connections is ok for his application I suppose but not for mine.

You can change the setting in services configuration (depending if the IT policies admits it). I usually disable it with computers at home, because I don't want it to run at all. But you can set it to "manual" which I assume will run only whenever you launch Windows Update.

DavidSr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 12:35:01 PM »
Clipped --- Services.....  But you can set it to "manual" which I assume will run only whenever you launch Windows Update.
Thank you, I forgot about even looking there,  That's perfect...
David