Author Topic: Press Integration  (Read 1853 times)

Gadelric

• View Profile
Press Integration
« on: July 26, 2021, 10:10:54 AM »
Archie,

I found a fancy project you made for a press.
I was asked if this was something we could do at our facility.
The question I have is, did you get information from the company that built the press?
We were told we could not have a copy of the PLC, but I wonder if they would be willing to give us register locations/tag names so we can monitor these values.
Trying to see if this is something I can get going for them or if its another pipe dream they have.

MajorFault

Re: Press Integration
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 04:45:07 PM »
You were asked by your facility to build a HMI, and that same facility told you that you can't have the PLC program?

You will need the PLC program, or at minimum the tags. 

It's like them asking you to build a house but they won't give you lumber. 

Gadelric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 04:57:11 PM »
another plant wanted to do something similar, and they were declined access to the PLC, I've been out of the plant for a while and was asked about this project today. Maybe I will have better luck just getting a list of the tags/registers that contain the data I would like to remotely monitor.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 01:48:22 PM »
another plant wanted to do something similar, and they were declined access to the PLC, I've been out of the plant for a while and was asked about this project today. Maybe I will have better luck just getting a list of the tags/registers that contain the data I would like to remotely monitor.

It sounds to me like you work for a facility who has a press, but the press manufacturer is not willing to share the PLC program, correct?  Now your plant wants you to add a HMI to it, since the press manufacturer won't give you the program, you're more or less stuck.

What model PLC is running the press?  Ideally, part numbers...

Gadelric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 02:01:46 PM »
One of the presses uses a x20 BC 0083 PLC and the other uses a Keba 272/A.
I have not done any work with these, and if you need more details I can dig into the machines tomorrow when they are not running them. Don't want to move wires around and cause issues while they are running.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 09:16:33 AM »
Isn't tag tree read a new feature Archie just added to latest beta?