Author Topic: Advanced HMI tested on Control Logix L7 or L7S processors  (Read 2770 times)

Randy

• View Profile
Advanced HMI tested on Control Logix L7 or L7S processors
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
I have successfully used AHMI with L6 series CPU programmed with RSLogix 5000.  I was looking at the L7 series and noted they are programmed with Studio 5000.
Has anyone tested AHMI with the L7 series?  Also has anyone used it with the safety plc versions L6xS or L7xS?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Advanced HMI tested on Control Logix L7 or L7S processors
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
I think I tried this and it worked when I had an L73 in my shop about 6 months ago. The EIP protocol should continue to be the same whether it's an L6 or L7 series processor. I'll find out for sure in about 3 weeks because one of my projects will be replacing a PanelView with AdvancedHMI that works with an L71 processor.

As for the safety version, I'm not sure about that one.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced HMI tested on Control Logix L7 or L7S processors
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
Seems to work fine with the L73S that I have on my desk.  I don't have anything in my safety task yet.  It does not have V21 in it as my customer has a specific firmware they want to work with but I don't see why it would not work with that firmware revision.  If you are reading program scoped tags you would have to address them accordingly in AdvancedHMI.  I'll give it another go when I get farther along and try to read program scoped tags in the safety task.

I also tested a L71 with V21 and it worked just fine.