Author Topic: Automation Direct Drivers  (Read 4747 times)

some anon guy

• View Profile
Automation Direct Drivers
« on: August 05, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »
Have you given any thought to Drivers for Automation Direct PLCs? Like the Do-More, Direct Logic, Click and Productivity Line?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Automation Direct Drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
The idea has been considered for quite a well. However since we have not had any projects using AutomationDirect PLCs, it puts the priority low. Most of the drivers for AdvancedHMI are developed for needs of projects we develop.

fohdeesha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 07:25:14 PM »
Have you given any thought to Drivers for Automation Direct PLCs? Like the Do-More, Direct Logic, Click and Productivity Line?

You can interface with all of the listed PLC's just fine using the new modbus RTU driver (modbus over serial). However there is currently a pretty serious bug in the RTU driver that prevents advancedhmi from properly reading/writing coils (I made a thread about it here - http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=410.msg1433#msg1433 ) Hopefully it'll be working soon! I can currently read integer registers off a Click, but nothing else : (
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:29:29 PM by fohdeesha »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 09:46:55 PM »
With the release of version 3.69, the ModbusRTU driver is quite solid now. It has been tested quite a bit with the Click PLC

BW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
I have been testing ( AHMI V3.70 ) an Automation Direct Click with the RS232 ( port #1 & #2 ) as well as the RS485 port#3.
I am having polling rate issues and DF ( floating point ) issues .
The rest looks good so far.