Author Topic: Where is the Numeric Input?  (Read 4708 times)

tcervas

• View Profile
Where is the Numeric Input?
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:55:15 AM »
Hello all;

Just wondering, where is the numeric input pad I see in the screenshots.  Or is it called something else?  I have Advanced HMI ver. 3.21 because it seems to be the only one that works with Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;
Tony

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Where is the Numeric Input?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 05:58:09 AM »
It is embedded into the controls that have the PLCAddressEntry property. If you put a PLC address in that property, when the control is clicked during run time the keypad will pop up.

Since VS 2010 and 2012 are still free, AdvancedHMI has been changed to use .NET 4. This gives the ability to use the built in Chart control. So that is why 2008 is no longer supported.

tcervas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
Thanks again Archie.

Does my version of Advanced HMI have the numeric input?

I would like to upgrade to VS 2010, but for some reason the installer never works on my work computer, possibly the slow connection to the internet.  Also the IT department where I work is lame and I don't want to get them involved.  The only reason I was able to install VB 2008 Express is because I was able to download the complete installation .iso file and didn't need to be connected to the internet to install it.  Is there any way to get around that?  Thanks again for all your help.

Tony

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
You should have the keypad. It has been in there for quite a while.

If you go to the download page of VS2012, when you click download you can select the option of iso. You can then burn it to a disc or use something like ISOMount software. I think WinRAR or 7Zip will extract the contents of an iso.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
Not that there is any kind of vote here, but 7zip is superior!

namal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 03:47:59 AM »
Ok, I figured it out; I added the path to the program in the parenthases.  For example;

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Documents and Settings\electrician\My Documents\MD20\md20ldrw.exe")

Thanks for your help Archie ;-)
Get free demos for Pass4sure SY0-401 questions exam and College of the Holy Cross exam with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality.