Author Topic: Solutions folders are not supported in this version of the application error.  (Read 3190 times)

Noe

• View Profile
Hi Archie

First of all kudos for all your hard work, you are getting everybody to do things very hard to do in the past.

I just downloaded your recent 3.51 beta, but when opening VB says "Solutions folders are not supported in this version of the application error. Solution folder "Solution Items" will be displayed as unavailable.

Is this normal? I have VB Express 2010 and also 2008, in Windows 7 x86.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I know Visual Studio 2012 Express works and Visual Studio Pro 2010, but not sure about 2010 Express. It has worked in the past.

Do you see the AdvancedHMI solution in the Solution Explorer? Have you tried to do a Rebuild All?

Noe

• View Profile
I do see the solution, and rebuild works fine. I just have an item in the solutions explorer as unavailable, the solution folder.

Noe

• View Profile
I just ran the default project,everything seems to be fine. I am not near to a PLC to test it, I just wanted to give it a try but ran into this screen that got my attention.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I see the problem. There was a left over folder from the performance testing. I'll be sure to remove that before the next release.

If you wanted to remove it, you can edit AdvancedHMI.sln with NotePad and delete these 2 lines:
Code: [Select]
Project("{2150E333-8FDC-42A3-9474-1A3956D46DE8}") = "Solution Items", "Solution Items", "{4770C9B8-373A-442C-B7E2-872A5C0F36A4}"
EndProject

I'll be posting a version 3.5.2 tonight that fixes that problem and a small problem in the ControlLogix driver with writing bits in an INT

Noe

• View Profile
Thanks Archie. I will try again.

pacific

• View Profile
I was also getting the same error running VB Express 2010 with Windows 7 x86.
Deleting those 2 lines as suggested by Archie solved this issue for me.
Thanks.