General Category > Open Discussion

Make Global object

(1/5) > >>

Tazmahal:
Hi everyone !

Is there any way to do global object like in view studio ? The plc is a Clx, so I would like to put control and info in a groupbox , start stop jog interlock condition etc..
All motor have the same data type, so can we read the tag from example a label in the group box ?

I'm not very good with VB.. just wanna know if it's possible and maybe if someone can give me a starting point on how i can get this working !

Many thanks !!

Phrog30:
There absolutely is, look into creating controls. Take the basic button for example, that is a global object. I'm not sure I included them, but I have posted several example apps before. Take a look at the multiple monitor example, look for popups for FVR, FVNR, etc. This will show how to do popups as global objects compared to FTView.

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1896.msg10810#msg10810

James

Archie:
I never used global objects in View Studio, so based on your description I made a rough version of how I interpret it to work.

- Download the attached file
- In Solution Explorer expand down the AdvancedHMIControls project
- Right click the PurchasedControls folder
- Browse to and select the GroupedObject.vb file downloaded here
- Double click the GroupedObject.vb file and it will open in design view
- From the Toolbox, add a control such as a BasicLabel
- Set PLCAddressValue to the sub-element of a UDT
- Build the solution
- In Solution Explorer, Double click MainForm.vb to open in design view
- From the Toolbox, add a GroupedObject to the form
- Set PLCAddressUDT to the UDT name that contains the sub-element specified above
- Run the application

This control still has a quirk that I did not get resolved where it will try to connect to a PLC in design view.

Tazmahal:
Wow !! Thank you for the quick response  :), I'll give a try this Pm !!

Tazmahal:
I'm very impressed !! Works like a charm , Archie you're the man !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version