General Category > Open Discussion

Make Global object

<< < (2/5) > >>

Phrog30:
Archie, global objects in FTView is just RA way of doing reusable objects, graphics, controls, etc. 

Archie:

--- Quote from: Phrog30 on March 31, 2018, 01:13:24 PM ---Archie, global objects in FTView is just RA way of doing reusable objects, graphics, controls, etc.

--- End quote ---
That's what I was kind of thinking. How does it handle addressing if the object is re-used multiple times?

Tazmahal:
I've added 5 motor and no issues ! Works very nicely :)

Phrog I've used your build and i'm struggling a little bit , the header alarm keep telling me No plc communication and i've changed all the adress in the Main_plc to my clx address.. any clues ?!

Thanks again !!

Phrog30:

--- Quote from: Archie on March 31, 2018, 02:31:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Phrog30 on March 31, 2018, 01:13:24 PM ---Archie, global objects in FTView is just RA way of doing reusable objects, graphics, controls, etc.

--- End quote ---
That's what I was kind of thinking. How does it handle addressing if the object is re-used multiple times?

--- End quote ---
You assign placeholders, then those are replaced with PLC addresses. RA uses #1, #2, as placeholders.

Phrog30:

--- Quote from: Tazmahal on March 31, 2018, 03:07:27 PM ---I've added 5 motor and no issues ! Works very nicely :)

Phrog I've used your build and i'm struggling a little bit , the header alarm keep telling me No plc communication and i've changed all the adress in the Main_plc to my clx address.. any clues ?!

Thanks again !!

--- End quote ---
I honestly don't remember what I used in the PLC for looking at connections. I'm not in front of my PC right now. I used parents. If you look in the 1st parent, I have a bunch of regions. If you look in the I should have labeled things so you can easily find stuff. For right now you can simply comment out the code that deals with communication lost. If you still need help let me know, I can look later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version