Author Topic: FormChangeButton Show Tag Value OR BasicLabel / Button Call a Form  (Read 756 times)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
I am trying to update a project. The line has 32 stations that may have racks in them and presently the screen shows the rack number in each station, or 0 for empty, with a brick red background. If the station is the destination of one of the hoists a red background object becomes visible. The attached pic shows the objects separated for editing, otherwise the red would cover the brick red if visible.  These objects presently are programmed as BasicLabels and if clicked on the keypad allows entry of a new rack number 0 to 50.

The change I would like to make is clicking on either object for that station would bring up a small popup form that would show the station #, rack #, quantity on rack and surface area of each part, and allow entry of new values. This is an electroplating line so surface area and panel count determine plating amps.

Is there a way to get a BasicLabel to call a form?
If I change this to a FormChangeButton can I have it display the tag value and not set text?
Is there another object in the toolbox that would do this?  (I tried it and it reads "Carrier_In_Station[2]" instead of the value "3" of that tag)

I am not asking for the ability to change the background color as now it is changed by a visible bit on the second color object.

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: FormChangeButton Show Tag Value OR BasicLabel / Button Call a Form
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 08:26:57 PM »
If I understand you correctly, BasicLabel has a Click event , use it to call up any form you like.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================