Author Topic: VS2022 and .NET/.NET Core and .NET Framework  (Read 892 times)

bachphi

• View Profile
VS2022 and .NET/.NET Core and .NET Framework
« on: April 09, 2022, 07:55:39 PM »
I am trying out the new VS2022. 
When creating a new project , there is a difference between a new windows forms app and a new windows forms app(.NET framework).

If select (.NET framework), you can target your project between ( 4 - 4.8 ).  I quickly test AHMI with 4.8, it seemed to work no problem.

Next, I created a new project with windows forms app , select the target to be .NET 6. After jumping through a few hoops, I was able to see a basicLabel working properly.

One nice thing with VS2022, copy an exist folder to the project folder, it will automatically added to the project, no need to do 'include to project' anymore.

Some additional info for Archie:
Code: [Select]
Build started...
1>------ Build started: Project: Dotnet6, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>C:\MACH\VS\ZebraPrinter\Dotnet6\Dotnet6\Drivers\BaudRateEditor.vb(8,2): warning SYSLIB0003: 'PermissionSetAttribute' is obsolete: 'Code Access Security is not supported or honored by the runtime.'.
1>C:\MACH\VS\ZebraPrinter\Dotnet6\Dotnet6\Drivers\BaudRateEditor.vb(8,53): warning SYSLIB0003: 'SecurityAction' is obsolete: 'Code Access Security is not supported or honored by the runtime.'.
1>C:\MACH\VS\ZebraPrinter\Dotnet6\Dotnet6\Controls\SubscriptionDetail.vb(106,24): warning BC40000: 'Public Shared Overloads Function Copy(str As String) As String' is obsolete: 'This API should not be used to create mutable strings. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2084035 for alternatives.'.
1>C:\MACH\VS\ZebraPrinter\Dotnet6\Dotnet6\Controls\SubscriptionDetail.vb(118,31): warning BC40000: 'Public Shared Overloads Function Copy(str As String) As String' is obsolete: 'This API should not be used to create mutable strings. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2084035 for alternatives.'.
1>Dotnet6 -> C:\MACH\VS\ZebraPrinter\Dotnet6\Dotnet6\bin\Debug\net6.0-windows\Dotnet6.dll
1>Done building project "Dotnet6.vbproj".
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Note:  .NET core is no longer, merged into .NET 5,6,7,8.
           You cannot copy & paste controls between .NET framework 4.x and .NET .
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 02:55:09 PM by bachphi »
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================