Author Topic: Exception of type Mfgcontrol.........PLCDriverException  (Read 2810 times)

Joaquin.Delgado

• View Profile
Exception of type Mfgcontrol.........PLCDriverException
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
Hello, have an application with some tags, (90) distributed in 6 plcs over Ethernet, have 6 EthernetIPforCLX for each one, when running some exceptions come out random in the tags, I try modifying the update rate of the drives, set diferent for each, but didn't work, any advice????

also running thru the weekend it pop up an error " arithmetic operation result in a overflow", all am doing in the program is read tags from the plcs no writing. one Boolean and the others DINT, also in the Boolean it said "no response from plc"

hope someone can help me. attached screen shots

johwaa

• View Profile
Re: Exception of type Mfgcontrol.........PLCDriverException
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:18:37 PM »
Well, the second one could be something as simple as a divide by zero error. Hard to tell without looking at your code. Could you post that routine please?

As for the first problem, try using a "Try Catch" combination to catch the error prior to allowing anything to be printer out. You can then re-try the communication or perform some other function.

Joaquin.Delgado

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:39:15 PM »
I just figured the second problem out, it was a bad operation, thanks, for the first still getting problems with the Ethernet drive,
I declared the tag direction directly in the basic label properties , and just read it in the screen, where can I put the try???

does the ethernet drive wont handle that much connections????

pls help

johwaa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »
I've got one that accesses 80 PLCs. I just open a connection, read what I want, and then close (dispose of) the connection. I did have to modify AdvancedHMI to get it to work (See: http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=366.0), but that shouldn't affect you.

Have you tried reading just those tags that are giving you problems? Do they fail consistently?

And I would recommend opening just one connection to a PLC, reading what you want, closing it, and then going on to the next PLC.

My other AdvancedHMI program reads 40 or so tags at once, loads them into a bunch of LED displays, and goes back and does it again. To make it easy for AdvancedHMI, I bunched all of the tags into a single array in the PLC. Have you tried that?