Author Topic: Reading all channels on an input module, not just channel 0  (Read 1399 times)

jfarrell

• View Profile
Reading all channels on an input module, not just channel 0
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »
Hello,

I am using the AdvancedHMI program to read data from a control panel.  The control panel has a SLC 5/04 processor and some 1746-NI8 input modules.  I connect to the panel from my laptop via an ethernet/IP connection.  I am trying to set up some DigitalPanelMeter displays on the AdvancedHMI screen to show the actual milliamp (mA) value going into each channel on the input module. 

In the RSLogix program, each of these channels is given an address I:e.# where e = slot and # = the word being read from each of these channels (e.g., I:8.5 is the address for the fifth channel on the input module in slot 8).  In the AdvancedHMI program, I have entered these addresses as the PLCAddressValue in the DigitalPanelMeter properties.

This did not work as I had expected.  The DigitalPanelMeter only displays the reading from Channel 0 for each channel in the input module.  For example, if the reading to Channel 0 on the input module in the eighth slot is 5.7 mA and the reading to Channel 5 is 13.7 mA, then the DigitalPanelMeter setup to read PLCAddressValue I:8.5 displays "5.7 mA" instead of "13.7 mA."

Is there another way to write the PLCAddressValue or to adjust the properties so that the DigitalPenelMeter display reads the correct I:8.5 address instead of the I:8.0 address?

Thank you!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Reading all channels on an input module, not just channel 0
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
This may very well be a bug in the driver because directly reading IO on the SLC hasn't been used a lot. The best work around is probably to move the values into an integer file, then set AdvancedHMI to read from the integer file.