Author Topic: High CPU Usage  (Read 1230 times)

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
High CPU Usage
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:48:54 AM »
I have a page with 128 basiclabel with PLCvisible property connected to a bit of a DINT tag. when I go in this page I have a lot of usage of CPU and a lot of memory allocation (up to 300MB)
Do you know that I have a very rich HMI but only in this page (the pollrate is 1000) I have this situation
any suggestion?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: High CPU Usage
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:59 AM »
What version is this with? Version 3.98j had a lot of significant changes made to make it faster, but with a trade off of increased CPU usage. Most of  the thread sleeps were eliminated and replaced with thread waits. A Wireshark capture is the best thing to give me an idea of what is causing the high CPU usage.

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
Is the last version. I tried to increase pollrate to 5000 and now works fine. I think that is only a problem of PC Where hmi is installed.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
If you had to go to 5000ms for only 128x2 items, then the driver must not be grouping them correctly. It should read everything in less than 5 reads and each read should take no more than 10ms. So it should easily do a round trip update in less than 100ms.

The Wireshark capture will show this by seeing how much time elapses between reads of the same values.

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 05:06:13 PM »
If I use my PC that I use to develop there insn't any problem. ith a old PC with XP and not so much ram I have the problem. I take a look if I can get a wireshark capture