Author Topic: Is Version 398s Complete?  (Read 6525 times)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
Re: Is Version 398s Complete?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
Must be something with the computer. Have VS Community 2013 installed on it  (Win7 PRO) & my home system (Win8.1 PRO) and, like Darrell, have no such issues on the home system - have tried everything I couldn't do on the work computer & everything works at home. Need to check the work computers setup to see if I can find anything on it that's wrong.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 10:27:20 PM »
I was starting to think a corrupt VS install or a .NET framework install problem. I have seen those errors before, but they have always cleared when rebuilding the solution.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 02:53:35 AM »
Archie,

Will re-install VS tomorrow, and try & see if .NET can be repaired, or deleted & re-installed.

Thanks.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
Repaired the installation of all .NET entries that Uninstall would do, repaired the installation of VS Community 2013 with the DVD.  Most items work now, no crashing - but a few indicator lights on the MainForm are blinking On/Off constantly (whether they should be On or Off). When I close the debugging the window shows LOTS of "A first chance exception of type 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException' occurred in AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll" with a bunch of other errors before that.

See attached Notepad copy of the beginning of the file, left off many lines of the same "first chance..."

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »
What addresses are you using on the indicators that are blinking?

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »
B3:100/3 to B3:104/6 & a couple of B53:6/xx

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 08:40:25 PM »
I put 12 labels on a form covering the range of those addresses and every value stays solidly True or False until I change them in the PLC. There must be another address or something on your form that is causing some kind of "cross talk".

However I did find the cause of the exception you were seeing. I made a patch to fix that. Install the patch, then we'll start with it to try to figure out the other problem.

- Download the file  MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.DriversV398sForDf1Only.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/Patches/

- Extract the file
- Replace the file in AdvancedHMIDrivers\Support  with the extracted file
- Rebuild the Solution

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 01:47:31 AM »
Downloaded the update, will try that Monday.

As for the blinking pilot light & indicator lights, I have tried changing the bits between Normally On and Normally Off in the PLC & it didn't make a difference. Not all the lights blink in that range.  The bits are not used more than once in the PLC or HMI, and are not flickering in the PLC. Going to try & move the bits Monday to an unused word in B3:.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 02:45:29 AM »
installed the update on my home (8.1PRO) system & when I tried to Rebuild I got 3 Failed's with the attached list of errors.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 02:51:41 AM »
After I closed the output window I got the following list:

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 03:08:09 AM »
Had to re-download the zipped file & copied original MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers, but noticed (back to the original title of this thread) the AdvancedHMIBetaV398s.zip\AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug folder is empty in the download.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
Had to re-download the zipped file & copied original MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers, but noticed (back to the original title of this thread) the AdvancedHMIBetaV398s.zip\AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug folder is empty in the download.
When downloading a fresh copy, all of the bin\Debug and obj directories are deleted in order to reduce the download size. Once you do the first Build, all those files and directories are created.

Looks like that patch isn't going to work because there are other changes made to the Omron drivers that make it incompatible. I am preparing a new version to post tomorrow. The biggest revisions are made to the Omron driver, but it does roll up some patches made to other drivers. I was hoping to resolve the issue you are having before the release, but I think we will have to wait until tomorrow to start with the next release and get a patch to fix the issue you are seeing.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
Changed ALL the read bits to B3:116/x & B3:117/x throughout the project & changed the outputs in the PLC & nothing is blinking at all. System is working as it should but still getting a list of errors when close debugging.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
Did you get a chance to try version 3.98t? It was just posted late last night.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »
Haven't downloaded that yet.

When I do: are there steps to import my existing project to Ver t or do I have to start from scratch?