Author Topic: System.Net.ComNetOS exception error  (Read 11792 times)

rms

• View Profile
Re: System.Net.ComNetOS exception error
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
ok - did it. thanks... Attached is a screen shot of all the updates that have NOT been applied to my Win 7 OS. with out these updates installed...AdvancedHMI works fine.   This may be useful if you want to try to narrow down which one or ones of these is causing the problem.  Please let me know if you determine which, if any,  updates I can safely install w/o compromising AdvancedHMI. Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
Going by the release dates of the patches, I am guessing it is on of the ones that start with KB28 because they were the only ones released in July.

I won't guarantee it, but I would guess that it is safe for you to install the updates prior to the KB28******* ones.

Looking on my PC, I do not show the need for those updates. However I have .NET 4.5 installed. So maybe installing 4.5 avoids the need for the updates.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »
So it appears there are a few reports of issues caused by KB2840628 update. Here is one such case:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/793500/sqlclr-typeinitializationexception-in-sqlconnection-since-kb2840628

rms

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »
Ok. thanks. I'll think about how to proceed.   I'll just keep things as they are for now.  Maybe I'll upgrade to 4.5 at some time in the future.   Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »
The 4.5 is an in place install that doesn't affect anything with any of your projects. It is more of an extension to 4.0