Author Topic: Multistate Indicators  (Read 3816 times)

acox

• View Profile
Multistate Indicators
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »
Is there an indicator button that allows for more than 2 variables? I want to be able to monitor multiple parts of multiple machines, i.e. Safety Gate Open, Faulted, Running, Idle, etc.. I have tried using the basic indicator but have only been able to figure out how to monitor 2 tags at once. Any help would be appreciated.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Multistate Indicators
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:44 AM »
There is a MultiStateSelector in which you can add as many states as you want. It will highlight the state selected based on an integer value.

Would your indicators be able to have more than 1 active at a time?

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
LED expansion pack also has SimpleLEDMultiColor which responds to integer value.

acox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 12:15:11 PM »
Thanks. I am looking for an indicator that would change color based on several different PLC tags. So Green from a system running bit, Red from a system fault bit, yellow for a manual bit, etc..

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »
The easiest solution is to add a few rungs in the PLC to set bits based on your combination of conditions, then use that bit to select the color of an indicator.

It may get complicated, but you could do it with a DataSubscriber2 and some code

acox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »
Alright thanks for you support. I thought about adding the code to the PLC's but I am monitoring a lot of them, just thought it would be easier to do at the HMI level then changing 60 PLC's LOL. I appreciate all of your help.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 10:22:40 PM »
You could also use several BasicIndicators, place them on top of each other, select whatever color you need as Color1 and set their PLCAddressVisible bit to control the visibility of each.

One thing to mention would be that in the case of multiple bits going True at the same time you would still be able to see 1 color only (this would apply even to any MultiState Indicator that you mentioned).

I am not sure if your PLC logic would allow for multiple bits to go True at any time but this could possibly be resolved by using combination of PLCAddressSelectColor2 and PLCAddressSelectColor3.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 10:50:49 PM »
I was thinking he wanted to select colors based on conditions of multiple bits. For example if Running but no fault then green. If Running and Fault then Red. If manual and fault then yellow.

With only Running, Fault, and Manual conditions. The BasicIndicator can show 3 different colors.

How many colors do you need?

acox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 07:46:05 AM »
I didn't realize I could stack the indicators and have them show up based on visibility I will give that a shot. Archie is correct, I basically am trying to make a plant overview page on my HMI that would show the status of all of my machines. All of my machines have pre-built tags for their current HMI's showing the indices. We were looking at the master HMI showing whether a cell was in Auto, Manual, Gate Open, Cap Change, and maybe a couple other tags. This way we could look at the overview page and have an idea of whats faulted, being worked on, waiting, etc. I will give the stacking thing a shot. I am looking for about 5 colors. You guys are great at responding, I appreciate it.