Author Topic: ReadRaw Error. Priviledge Violation (ClxDriver 1.2.3.0)  (Read 791 times)

mpfs

• View Profile
ReadRaw Error. Priviledge Violation (ClxDriver 1.2.3.0)
« on: August 20, 2018, 02:52:40 AM »
Hello,

I wrote a small test program to test the functionality of ReadRaw amongst other things.

There are certain instances where attempting a ReadRaw would throw an exception with the text "ReadRaw Error. Privilege Violation". Such an error occurs when attempting to read tags with names "GroupTest" and "AxisTest".

However, if I read individual elements within these structures, such as "Axis_Test.AxisFault" or "Axis_Test.JogStatus" using the Read method, I am able to read the data without issue.

Can someone explain to me why "Priviledge Violation" appears when I attempt to read the entire contents of the structure? Also, is there some kind of attribute or property which I can access to prevent such an action (so I don't have to catch these exceptions)?

Thank you!

votecoffee

• View Profile
Re: ReadRaw Error. Priviledge Violation (ClxDriver 1.2.3.0)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 03:56:08 PM »
I had this issue when reading a tag that contained an aoi generated tag that was made by rockwell's ACM library (ie the AOI itself if rockwell source protected, though the UDT isn't).  So even though all of the data is available individually, for some reason the UDT structure itself is protected by it's association with the AOI.  I suspect the axis tag is similar?  It's not a udt you've made and is maybe the udt structure itself falls under some form of protection.

I'm guessing here on an ancient post, but thought this would be useful info to add for others that find your post like I did when searching for their own issues.