Author Topic: What's causing the direct value read from PLC through Modbus to show weird value  (Read 571 times)

dhiloj

• View Profile
Currently I have a setup where I am reading real time float values through ModbusTCP. I am running into an issues at random times in launch, the program shows a weird absurd value as the read value. When I close the compiled app and relaunch it, sometimes it fixes. I am not sure what's causing the issue.

When I looked around the past thread, I found some documentation on SwapBytes and SwapWords. Playing around with those values did not fix the issue either. Currently, SwapBytes is set to True and SwapWords is set to False. I have attached a picture showing the weird values being read.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 07:43:39 AM by dhiloj »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
What version of AdvancedHMI are you using? If you are not using 3.99y Beta from this forum, that is always my first recommendation to see if it will rule out any bugs in the driver.

Godra

• View Profile
Besides for Archie's suggestion, there are Modbus Master and Modbus Slave apps that you could use for live testing if you are using Windows based computer:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

This way you can eliminate either your AdvancedHMI project or your PLC as the cause of your issue.

dhiloj

• View Profile
Thank you Archie and Godra for your suggestions and help. As Archie suggested, I was using the 3.99x version and upgrading the version to 3.99y Beta fixed the issue.