Author Topic: Rockwell PLC via EN2T backplane  (Read 477 times)

How_Hard_Can_It_Be

• View Profile
Rockwell PLC via EN2T backplane
« on: March 22, 2023, 10:19:09 AM »
Hi I have just downloaded the HMI package and trying to set things up for the first time. Before I get too involved in the coding I wanted to check I can connect to the test rig.

My connection is going from PC to a Stratix switch to an EN2T card slot 3 IP 192.168.0.11 then via the backplane to the Rockwell PLC in slot 1.

I have downloaded an example project and the EthernetIPforCLXCom1 driver but cannot get connected. Is this the right driver as the examples show the PLC having an IP address my one does not.

Any help with the driver / routing on this would be much appreciated.

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rockwell PLC via EN2T backplane
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 12:10:22 PM »
It sounds like you are not routing, the PLC and EN2T are in the same chassis.  So when you setup the driver, you just need to enter your IP address and change the property ProcessorSlot to 1.

An example of outing would be:

Enter En2T in chassis 1, exit another EN2T in chassis 1, enter EN2T in chassis 2, connect to PLC in chassis 2.

How_Hard_Can_It_Be

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 11:59:43 AM »
Hi thanks for the response. I thought that was the case but with nothing in the routing and the EN2T card IP address set and PLC slot 1, I still get the no response from PLC message ?

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 08:58:26 PM »
Simplify, ping it first.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 07:21:44 PM »
Just to be sure, when you say PLC is in slot 1, is it actually in the 2nd slot from the left?  Most common is to have the controller in the first slot, which would be slot 0.  Forgive me if you already know this, I just wanted to make sure.