Author Topic: System.OverflowException: 'Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.'  (Read 456 times)

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
I have encountered this error this morning after years of successful running Advanced HMI. It happens while zooming on chart with logging. I closed program and restarted computer. Now it won't run at all. Starts to open and closes. I moved files to laptop and can run on it. I still get error while zooming on chart with logging. I appreciate the help. I'm sure I need to provide more detail. I'm not much of a programmer.

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 11:04:39 AM by PiasaFarmer »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: System.OverflowException: 'Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.'
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 11:06:39 AM »
Try moving some of the older data files to another folder. I'm thinking maybe it is overflowing on too much data.

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 01:48:44 PM »
Thank you. I moved all but 8 to another folder and still get math overflow exception while trying to debug. I still can't run the program.  What else could it be?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 02:20:31 PM »
Can you move all of the data files to see if the problem persists? If it does not and points to the data files as being the problem, can you post the files?

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 03:10:00 PM »
Thank you Archie!! ;D You are great! Runs fine. Be interesting to see if it does it again. The 8 files were too large. Said 384K was max. I am attaching today's. I may be trying to log too much. Let me know if you see something.

Thanks again!
Kevin

PiasaFarmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 03:18:56 PM »
Here is yesterday's. I'm thinking I need to reduce items, or increase sample time.